Monday, October 29, 2012


1:30 P.M. The storm hasn't hit us yet, but even now as I was walking around outside I was buffeted around like a rag doll. I was kind of scared that my little sister would fly away. :) It's much windier than when I last wrote, and it's really cold. I bet it was about 30 m.p.h.
 This is New York and the Freedom Tower. Look at the waves! I have never seen the Hudson River so "crazy". Frankenstorm is going to be much, much worse than Hurricane Irene- you can take my word for it. Lots of places will get flooded. I just hope this isn't global warming.




I will say it again- look at those waves! DO NOT GO SAILING IN THIS WEATHER. I REPEAT. DO NOT GO SAILING IN THIS WEATHER.







Here's the giant Colgate clock that doesn't work. The waves are the same level as the land under the clock.








Work teams are putting sandbags all over the walkway, and having trouble while doing so. I'm not sure what the sandbags are going to do when the storm hits.





 She's definitely having a hard time walking. What's going to happen when the hurricane unleashes full force? I wonder if she'll be able to walk outside then.














I'm very sorry for my very unprofessional video, but the wind was very strong :).  Outside might not look so bad, but you have to actually be here to experience it.
Keep watching, I'll keep you posted when the hurricane gets stronger.
Keep asking yourself, "Is this because of global warming?"


















No comments:

Post a Comment