Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I know, I know!

I know, I haven't written for a long time, but honestly I COMPLETELY forgot. Today I just had to. And right now, I am sitting in front of the television listening to the news (NBC Nightly News). And here is what I heard...
Polar bears are in danger. Because if the melting ice in the arctic, polar bears cannot go onto ice about a month earlier than usual. And if they can't go on the sea ice, they can't catch seals to eat. And if they can't do that, these polar bears will go hungry. There may be 25,000 polar bears in the world, but at this point most of them haven't eaten for over 4 MONTHS! These poor creatures are STARVING. Here's the link to the article if you want to read more.
Polar Bears Article on NBC Nightly News W/ Brian Williams
Oh, and the typhoon in the Philippines. SO SAD!!!!!!!!! The photos and the cries of people screaming for food and water are heartbreaking. Scientists say that the typhoon was probably made worse by global warming, which makes sense; if the ice is melting, then there is more water in the sea for typhoons.
Just as a reminder, please, if you regularly check out my blog, please become a member by clicking the blue "become a member" button. Please guys! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment